The History Of The Development Of Intel Processors
1. In 1971 Intel issued a processor series MCS4, the forerunner of i4040 processor. This 4 bit processor which is planned to become the brain calculator, in the same year (1971), intel makes revisions to the i440.
2. In 1972 appeared the first 8 bit processor i8008, but somewhat less favored because multivoltage, then emerging processor i8080, here there is a change that is so triple voltage NMOS technology, pake (not PMOS again), and introduces the first system clock generator (pake chips), packaged in the form of an Array of DIP 40 pins. Then comes also from Motorola MC6800: processor2-Z80 from Zilog, 1974-1976 (two rival weight), and a series of other – a 6500-made MOST, Rockwell, Hyundai, WDC, NCR etc. Full compatible with Z80 i8008 only up to the level of machine language
3. In 1977, appeared a type of 8085, clock generatornya onprocessor, pioneer of the bakalnya single use voltage + 5V (implementations of s/d 486DX2, pd DX4 start + 3.3 V and so on).
4. In 1978 appears a i8086, processors has registers 16-bit external data bus, 16-bit, and a 20-bit memory addressing. It is also equipped with a technology component, HMOS supporters bus 16 bits is very rare, so the price is becoming very expensive.
5. To answer the growing market demands, then Intel issued a type i8088 16 bit internal bus, 8 bit external bus. So i8088 can wear second-hand i8008 8 bit peripheral component. IBM chose this chip for pebuatan IBM PC because it's cheaper than i8086. If only the CEO of IBM PC does not state that time is just a mere sideline, dreams of course IBM will overwhelm PC market in total at this time. IBM PC first release August 1981 have 3 versions of the IBM PC, IBM PC Jr. and IBM PC-XT (extended technology). This very popular i8088 chip, until NEC launched a chip that is built based on the specifications of this chip pin, which was given the name of the V20 and V30.
6. in a subsequent year Intel issued a type i80186 and i80188. Since the advent of i80186, a type of processor started to cast in a CCUP, LCC and PGA 68 ft.. i80186 physically shaped rectilinear with a 17 foot persisi (ccup/LCC) or 2 foot persisi series (PGA) and starting from i80186 this is the DMA and interrupt controller chip was merged into the processor. Since using a 286 computer, IBM used the term IBM PC-AT (Advanced Technology) and best known use of the term PersonalSystem (PS/2).
7. then for grabbing momentum missing from the chip, the Intel i8086 makes i80286, a processor with 16-bit registers, an external bus 16-bit protected mode, limited, known as the STANDARD mode that uses a 24-bit addressing memory that are able to access a maximum of 16 MB of memory. 80286 chip is of course fully compatible with chip-chip 808x series ever, with the addition of several new instruction set. Unfortunately this chip has some bugs in the hardware design, so it failed to gather followers.
8. In 1985, Intel unveiled the design of a completely new processor: i80386. A 32-bit processor, in the sense of having a register 32-bit external data bus, 32-bit, and maintain compatibility with previous generation processors, in addition to the introduction of 32-BIT PROTECTED mode for 32-bit memory addressing, are able to access a maximum of 4 GB, and not forgetting the added some new instructions. This chip began to cast in a PGA (pin Grid Array). Intel processors up to this point have not been using unit FPU internally. FPU support, Intel launched the series 80 × 86. Since the 386 processor began appearing this cloner: AMD, Cyrix, NGen, TI, IIT, IBM (Blue Lightning) dst, types: i80386 DX (full 32 bit) i80386 SX (cheap because 16 bit external) i80486 DX (int 487) i80486 SX (487 disabled) Cx486 DLC (using MB 386DX, also others) Cx486 SLC (using a 386SX MB) i80486DX2 i80486DX2 ODP Cx486DLC2 (architecture of 386 MB) Cx486SLC2 (architecture of 386 MB) i80486DX4 i80486DX4 ODP i80486SX2 Pentium Pentium ODP
The difference, Skylake mikroarsitektur design use Microsoft recently claimed to be able to provide increased overall performance and lowering power consumption of electricity. In addition to the present with new, Skylake mikroarsitektur is also present in new forms.
He no longer uses the same socket with its predecessor and switch to the socket LGA1151. Skylake has also been supporting the use of DDR4 RAM who began to present on the market. The presence of a new type of RAM Sockets and is indeed quite a hassle for those who intend to upgrade his PC, because it must be coupled with a replace the motherboard and RAM. Currently, there are two new processors Skylake released in the market, i.e. 6600K-Intel Core i5 and Core i7-6700K.
Both announced at Gamescom event 2015 on August 5, yesterday. Both are also a range of processors that have been ter-unlock or you can overclock with the target users of PC gamers.
Of course, Intel will also release another Skylake processor variants, including variants of processors for mobile devices. Then how about the performance? We have tested both the processor during the week. Testing cannot be comprehensive too because of limited data, but we can at least get an idea of both processors. Both tests with four different Z170 motherboard, DDR4 RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB dual channel configuration, the Kingston SSD 120 GB, and Windows operating systems. While for other components, we use the same component with tesbed lab Metrotvnews. The motherboard that we use to test both processors Skylake is the GIGABYTE GA-Z170X Gaming 7, ASUS ROG Maximus VIII GENE, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Gaming and MSI Z170A M9 ACK. Our test for in four stages. First, testing using PCMark 8 to measure performance with everyday PC usage scenarios. Second, by using SuperPi to measure the ability of the processor calculations.